This blog is about displaying your garage sale items to maximize sales.
Have you ever gone to a garage or yard sale and find the items for sale spread out on blankets on the ground? That happens a lot … and while it is good for young folks, it’s not the best for viewing or looking through the items. For some of us who don’t bend like we used to, it also makes it hard to pick things up.
Often we find sales where everything is piled on tables … not sorted and sometimes a foot or more deep. This discourages looking through the items. Instead, neatly sort and fold the items. As in the photos, labeling sizes makes it much easier to look – and to buy!
There are a number of ways to keep your guests at your sale – which encourages them to look more thoroughly:
- When it’s hot, offer cold water – or have a kool-aid, lemonade stand.
- When it’s cold, offer coffee.
- When it’s hot, use open-sided tents to cover the tables and/or have fans circulating air.
- Offer snacks for sale … sometimes that’s enough to keep people shopping rather than leaving to go to lunch.
- Have a ‘free’ box – especially if you have small children’s items. It gives the kids something to do while the adults are shopping.
And finally, have some fun at your sale! We went to a sale that provided live entertainment. As we listened, we keep looking, and sure enough, found some treasures.
In the next blog, I’ll show you some of my 2015 treasures.
Thanks for reading!!