Here’s some fun facts about leap year:
- Today you are working for free if you are on a fixed annual wage.
- February 29 also marks Rare Disease Day.
- The frog is a symbol typically associated with February 29.
- People born on February 29th are called “leaplings” or “leapers.”
- Leap Year was once known as Ladies Day and was the one day when women were free to propose to men.
- Hugh Hefner opened his first Playboy Club on February 29, 1960.
And here’s one of the versions of the Month Poem to help you remember the timing of leap year:
Thirty days hath September,
April, June and November;
All the rest have thirty-one;
Save February, she along
Hath eight days and a score
‘Til leap year gives her one day more.
Thanks for reading!