I don’t know if it is my age or what, but now I prefer to give fun gifts that people can really use. For co-workers, that is quite an order – since I don’t know what they like or can use. So, I decided to make it their choice by creating a new kind of gift card … one that lets the recipient decide – what and who the gift is for …
Rather than being pre-made card holders, I decided to make my own. There’s many online sites with directions, such as this one – CLICK HERE.
The first step – finding and folding paper. Finding holiday paper is a bit of a task for me because I have so much paper – and it isn’t necessarily organized.
- I cut the paper into 8 3/4 inch squares, slightly larger than my directions. I found they folded better.
- Fold each side to the center.
- Fold in all four corners.
- Fold again to the center, tucking in the folded corners.
Next step – finishing the folding and decorating.
- Turn the already folded paper to the bottom and fold up to the center.
- Fold the other half to the center, slightly overlapping so you can tuck in the corners
- Turn the folded paper over and fold the other direction (the long way). Now you have a card holder.
- I then made decorative strips for the cover.
I didn’t do this project all at one time. I did it in several steps – doing all of one task – such as the decorative tags (which were stamped) at one time, or all of the folding at one time.
The final step – inserting gift cards or not …
- First I decorated the covers.
- Then – I printed notes on blank business cards that simply says “Treat yourself or someone else.” So, the recipient can pass it forward, share a treat or treat themself – whatever their pleasure.
- Instead of me deciding where they should get a treat, I simply inserted cash.
- Finally, I tied the card holder shut with a decorative ribbon.
I made several gift holders – a mini-manufacturing line on my desk.
The best part – you can do this anytime of the year. Simply change the paper to something more generic or appropriate to the season and decorate accordingly. Make several at a time so you have them on hand. Gifting treats can happen any time.
Thanks for reading! I hope you will return.